Modern Kurynysh-hona originates from the El-tezar-hon’s building. This is separate courtyard with the small clay wall, a small door from east is leading to it.
In the middle, there is round brick terrace under the tent. Khiva khans received foreign guests there. There is also beautiful terrace and two carved columns support them. The walls were completely covered with glazed bricks. Poems in Uzbek decorate top of the walls.
The ceiling of aivan was reconstructed in 1934. The floral patterns were drawn on them. Three carved doors are located in the south wall of aivan. They lead to narrow throne hall, elongated to the length of terrace. It reminds throne hall of Qoqand Palace of Hudoyar-khan and rich guest rooms of Bukhara, Samarkand and Tashkent houses of the 19th century.
The palace also includes small premises for rest of the ruler. In order not to attract attention, its walls covered with ganch plasters in combination with simple carved patterns.
There is a facility for persons, waiting for reception. Its size is similar with throne hall. Khan’s treasury was stored in rooms, located near it.
There is beautiful aivan with thin wooden column in small yard of summer mosque. The walls of aivan, mihrab and minbar (pulpit, from where the imam preaches) decorated with glazed tiles with floral patterns.
Persian rhymes, written in calligraphic copy-book, decorate the ceiling. According to them, the mosque was constructed in order with Alla Kuli-khan in 1838.
As many years ago, Kurynysh-hona arouses admiration. It is great sample of elegance and oriental architectural traditions.